The contract: Materials Handling
During the life of the Iron Knight processing plant, Bis owned, operated and maintained the haulage and crushing and screening technology used throughout the plant. Responsibilities at this site included:
- linking satellite operating pits to Iron Knight processing facilities and rail head, using Bis’ 180-tonne single road train haulage capability.
- operating and maintaining the latest crushing and screening technology: Bis’ 2.1 - 4.5 million tonne-per-annum crushing and screening plants.
- direct shipped ore crushing, with capabilities ranging from lump and fines (32mm,12mm) and all-in fines (<12mm, <2mm)
- providing train loading services to deliver crushed ore to the GFG Alliance Export facilities.
- stockpile management including dust suppression.
- maintenance of our own equipment with a workshop onsite for maintenance.