- 7 days on, 7 days off roster
- 12 hour day shifts only
- Camp accommodation provided
We offer this position on DIDO, drive in, drive out basis, at the start and end of your swing. You will be accommodated at the sites camp, which in in the town of Moranbah itself. You will have access to the towns restaurants, retailers and facilities should you wish. To get to and from site on every shift, you will be transported via a bus.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide technical and leadership support, coaching and mentoring to line management and operational staff
- Support site management in development of the site specific Zero Harm plans, including critical risk management;
- Facilitate risk assessments, inspections, audits, and incident investigation processes (using ICAM methodology) to completion;
- Identify opportunities for improvements, instigate safety and sustainability awareness training and awareness interventions;
- Facilitate a consistent approach to risk management through regular monitoring and assessments, identification of suitable corrective actions and monitoring of close out / compliance to these actions;
- Undertake analysis of safety statistics and data to determine trends and focus areas for targeted inspections and campaigns; report on findings and solutions to address trends;
- Ensure site compliance to all client requirements and external accreditations such as ISO31000, AS/NZS 4801, AS/NZS14001, AS/NZS 9001 and others;
- Work under the guidance of the workers compensation team (WCIS) to effectively assess and manage employee injuries and effective return to work.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in OH&S, WHSE or Workplace Safety;
- Strong demonstrated experience in a similar site based role within the resources sector;
- High leadership skills, ability to influence, motivate others, coach and mentor personnel at all site management and operational levels;
- Participation investigation competency (ICAM preferred);
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers – with an emphasis on conflict resolution;
- Ability to work unsupervised, conduct technical research and deliver work to high professional standard;
- High computer literacy skills, combined with ability to produce professional technical reports and presentations (e.g. incident investigations, client presentations, risk assessments, inspection reports);
At Bis we do not just look at your qualifications, licenses or experience – we want to ensure every team member lives the values of Zero Harm, Unity, Passion, Excellence and Relationships.
We are your resources logistics company
Bis is a mining services company who have been have been delivering logistics, materials handling, specialised equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia every day since 1915.
At Bis we support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. We offer many benefits to our employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach our shared goals. Our progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of our people working in a high performing and agile culture.
Our commitment is to be a reflection of the communities in which we operate in. We recognise that diverse and inclusive teams outperform others, creates an enjoyable and engaging team environment and delivers exceptional results. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to this and any of our career opportunities.
We find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while looking after the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, the communities we operate in and our environment. Our strong team focus enables us to solve problems for our customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution our people make, every day.
We are committed to having diverse workplaces that reflect the communities in which we operate by attracting, developing and retaining talented women and men of all ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations and abilities.