- Feel encouraged to bring new ideas to the table
- Camp accommodation provided
- Company car, phone & laptop provided
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Actively promote and demonstrate commitment to Zero Harm;
- Assessing all new operators, retraining and carrying out skills evaluations where required;
- Assisting in the development and review of Safe Work Instructions for operators;
- Up-skilling Supervisors and Site Trainers in ensuring all operators are complying with all legislation concerning WHSE and Traffic Safety, as well as Company policies and procedures;
- Conducting courses in the understanding of basic operations of equipment used by operators;
- Carry out all duties in accordance with Bis Industries Policies, Procedures and Safe Work Instructions; and
- Continuous improvement and enhancement of a Zero Harm culture to enable Bis Industries’ management to eliminate or otherwise control risks within Bis Industries.
- Certificate IV in Training / Assessing;
- Current MC Driver’s licence and relevant mobile equipment competencies;
- Cert III Surface Extraction (desirable);
- In-depth knowledge of the competency requirements for all Bis Industries plant and equipment (desirable);
- Sound knowledge of the legislative requirements for training and assessment for Heavy Vehicles, on public roads and on mine sites, including record keeping;
- Facilitation skills, with the ability to deliver information in both one on one technical training as well as to small groups of Site Trainer/Assessors and Managers;
- A good computer understanding including the use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint; and
- High level of awareness of confidentiality and privacy issues.
We are your resources logistics company
Bis is a mining services company who have been have been delivering logistics, materials handling, specialised equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia every day since 1915.
At Bis we support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. We offer many benefits to our employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach our shared goals. Our progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of our people working in a high performing and agile culture.
Our commitment is to be a reflection of the communities in which we operate in. We recognise that diverse and inclusive teams outperform others, creates an enjoyable and engaging team environment and delivers exceptional results. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to this and any of our career opportunities.
We find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while looking after the health, safety and well being of our people, the communities we operate in and our environment. Our strong team focus enables us to solve problems for our customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution our people make, every day.
We are committed to having diverse workplaces that reflect the communities in which we operate by attracting, developing and retaining talented women and men of all ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations and abilities.