- Newly created role
- Join a reputable, growing mining services company
- Regular travel – overseas and interstate
Our commitment is to be a reflection of the communities in which we operate in. We recognise that diverse and inclusive teams outperform others, creates an enjoyable and engaging team environment and delivers exceptional results. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to this and any of our career opportunities.
Bis is seeking a Senior Procurement Officer to join our Supply Chain team based in Osborne Park. Reporting to the Manufacturing & Procurement Manager, this position is responsible for supporting purchasing and inventory management (at the lowest possible price and risk profile) of Bis’ manufacturing and procurement function.
There is an expectation of regular travel overseas and interstate, to establish and maintain ongoing supplier relationships whilst continually meeting changing business needs.
Key tasks / responsibilities include:
- Ensuring compliance with Bis Supply Chain inventory guidelines and policies;
- Procurement of parts and services both internally and externally to meet the operational standards set by Bis;
- Support the achievement of cost-saving and DIFOT (Delivery In Full On Time);
- Improve the Bis manufacturing efficiency through continuous improvement of the purchasing process and the timely allocation (in conjunction with operations team) of resources for the delivery of local and global components as per the Master Plan Schedule;
- Vendor management quality and expediting of parts orders on global, national and local vendors;
- Coordination of efficient delivery of sub-components to Bis vendors;
- Maintain parts back order reports and expedite parts as required to contribute to ensuring that production activities are targeted to meet demand plans and schedules (Master Plan Schedule).
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, finance, procurement or a related field;
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in purchasing and procurement within manufacturing, particularly heavy vehicles and parts supply;
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, evaluate supplier proposals and quality inspection plans;
- Practical experience within a major ERP environment such as JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle or similar;
- High-level project management experience;
- Superior influencing and negotiation skills including stakeholder engagement;
- Detailed knowledge of the contract process and good understanding of contract law;
- Strong commercial acumen, performance driven and accountable;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Bis is a mining services company who have been have been delivering logistics, materials handling, specialised equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia every day since 1915.
We find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while looking after the health, safety and well-being of our people, the communities we operate in and our environment. Our strong team focus enables us to solve problems for our customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution our people make, every day.
We offer our people career opportunities, not just jobs.
We are committed to having diverse workplaces that reflect the communities in which we operate by attracting, developing and retaining talented women and men of all ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations and abilities.