- Each day is different – you thrive on a challenge
- Plan, develop and execute for success
- Feel encouraged to bring new ideas to the table
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Demonstrate commitment to our goal of Zero Harm to both personnel and equipment;
- Managing the commercial operational and maintenance functions of the business unit;
- Maintaining and developing an effective working relationship with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders;
- Monitoring and assessing SHEQ performance of all employees;
- Ensuring identified risks are assessed, controlled and reported;
- Ensuring key business drivers are effectively communicated to all employees;
- Ensuring the business unit is achieving production/operational plans and KPI’s;
- Providing effective leadership to the maintenance crews by developing short term work and resource plans; and
- Lead and facilitate safety and communication meetings.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Proven operations and logistics management experience in the mining industry;
- Demonstrated understanding of MRWA rules and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated effective leadership/people skills and exposure to contracting environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to safety with strategic leadership skills to ensure production targets are safely achieved; and
- Strong financial and commercial management skills;
At Bis we do not just look at your qualifications, licenses or experience – we want to ensure every team member lives the values of Zero Harm, Unity, Passion, Excellence and Relationships.
We are your resources logistics company
Bis is a mining services company who have been have been delivering logistics, materials handling, specialised equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia every day since 1915.
At Bis we support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. We offer many benefits to our employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach our shared goals. Our progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of our people working in a high performing and agile culture.
Our commitment is to be a reflection of the communities in which we operate in. We recognise that diverse and inclusive teams outperform others, creates an enjoyable and engaging team environment and delivers exceptional results. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to this and any of our career opportunities.
We find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while looking after the health, safety and well-being of our people, the communities we operate in and our environment. Our strong team focus enables us to solve problems for our customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution our people make, every day.
We are committed to having diverse workplaces that reflect the communities in which we operate by attracting, developing and retaining talented women and men of all ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations and abilities.