- Work close to home
- Permanent role
- Tool of trade vehicle
Bis is currently seeking a qualified motor mechanic to repair and maintain light vehicles.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Carry out repairs and maintenance on light vehicles;
- Carry out limited repairs and maintenance on mobile and fixed plant equipment, including forklifts and trailers;
- Complete all work orders accurately;
- Create and maintain a high standard of workshop and yard housekeeping; and
- Ensure that safety concerns are paramount above production issues and immediately report any near misses, injuries, accidents or non-conformance to the Shift manager.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Automotive Mechanical trade certificate or equivalent;
- Previous experience repairing and preventative maintenance to light vehicles;
- Some experience with hydraulics and auto electrical work an advantage; and
- This role is suitable for local residents only and a tool of trade vehicle is provided.
At Bis we do not just look at your qualifications, licenses or experience – we want to ensure every team member lives the values of Zero Harm, Unity, Passion, Excellence and Relationships.
We are your resources logistics company
Bis is a mining services company who have been have been delivering logistics, materials handling, specialised equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia every day since 1915.
We find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while looking after the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, the communities we operate in and our environment. Our strong team focus enables us to solve problems for our customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution our people make, every day.
At Bis we support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. We offer many benefits to our employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach our shared goals. Our progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of our people working in a high performing and agile culture.
Our commitment is to be a reflection of the communities in which we operate in. We recognise that diverse and inclusive teams outperform others, creates an enjoyable and engaging team environment and delivers exceptional results. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to this and any of our career opportunities.
With Bis, you can deliver every day.