- 5:2 Roster
- Camp accommodation provided
- Company car, phone & laptop provided
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Actively promote a culture of Zero Harm and ensure safety is paramount above all else
- Development and implementation of, and ongoing adherence to Preventative Maintenance Schedule
- Ensuring maintenance activities are updated in maintenance system
- Providing daily direction to the workshop personnel, via the supervisor and leading hands, for repairs and maintenance on all mobile equipment and fixed plant
- Assisting in troubleshooting and resolving maintenance problems
- Deliver reliable equipment to the operations through the use of and effective management of the maintenance system
- Compile detailed reporting as required
- Identify and assist in purchasing of parts and materials and equipment
- Proactively reducing repairs and maintenance costs
- Work closely with assets team to develop and implement maintenance strategies for fleet management and rotation
- A 100% commitment to Safety
- Heavy mechanical trade certificate (Diesel Fitter/Mechanic)
- Extensive experience in managing a maintenance crew in a workshop environment.
- Experience in heavy haulage and earth-moving repair and maintenance and up- to-date mechanical knowledge of equipment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large maintenance team in a workshop environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of WH&S regulations and coal regulations
- Ability to prioritise workload to minimise downtime of equipment
- Systems savvy with experience using JDE or similar (eg. SAP) for financial reporting, costings and maintenance management
At Bis we do not just look at your qualifications, licenses or experience – we want to ensure every team member lives the values of Zero Harm, Unity, Passion, Excellence and Relationships.
We are your resources logistics company
Bis is a mining services company who have been have been delivering logistics, materials handling, specialised equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia every day since 1915.
At Bis we support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. We offer many benefits to our employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach our shared goals. Our progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of our people working in a high performing and agile culture.
Our commitment is to be a reflection of the communities in which we operate in. We recognise that diverse and inclusive teams outperform others, creates an enjoyable and engaging team environment and delivers exceptional results. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to this and any of our career opportunities.
We find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while looking after the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, the communities we operate in and our environment. Our strong team focus enables us to solve problems for our customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution our people make, every day.
We are committed to having diverse workplaces that reflect the communities in which we operate by attracting, developing and retaining talented women and men of all ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations and abilities.