- Autonomous role
- Working with a supportive leadership team
- Leverage your high level of skills & experience
Bis is currently seeking an experienced Category Manager to join our Supply Chain team, based in Osborne Park.
This position is responsible for negotiating, implementing and subsequently managing contract arrangements, which will deliver best quality products and services. You will also continually meet changing business needs, at the lowest possible price and risk profile.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
– Facilitate the procurement process for all high value, high-risk capital, goods and services, including source to settle, expenditure metric analysis, sourcing strategy, RFP / tender development, negotiation, contract, relationship management and benchmarking;
– Deliver bottom line and cost down savings, year on year, through contract negotiation and implementation of procurement contracting initiatives (systems and procedures);
– Drive and influence the supply decision-making processes within the business;
– Develop and implement strategies to consolidate the vendor supply base;
– Solicit, receive and analyse procurement proposals, quotations, submission tenders and supply agreements, for appropriateness of pricing, terms and conditions;
– Provide advice, consultation, counselling and support on procurement matters to the business;
– Contribute to the development and implementation of long-term commercial and supply strategies which offer cost-effective solutions to ensure continuity of supply/servicing.
The successful applicant will possess:
– Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Business, Finance and Procurement or a related field;
– Demonstrated experience in the mining, heavy industry, manufacturing, construction or transport sectors;
– At least 5 years of relevant and proven experience in strategic and operational procurement experience;
– Demonstrated procurement experience within a major ERP mainframe environment such as SAP, Oracle or JDE;
– High-level project management experience;
– Superior influencing and negotiation skills;
– Excellent stakeholder engagement;
– Detailed knowledge of the contract process and good understanding of contract law;
– Strong commercial acumen;
– Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Positive safety attitude essential.
We are your resources logistics company
Bis is a mining services company who have been have been delivering logistics, materials handling, specialised equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia every day since 1915.
We find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while looking after the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, the communities we operate in and our environment. Our strong team focus enables us to solve problems for our customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution our people make, every day.
We offer our people career opportunities, not just jobs.
We are committed to having diverse workplaces that reflect the communities in which we operate by attracting, developing and retaining talented women and men of all ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations and abilities.